When your organization suffers a data breach the response should be quick, efficient, and maintain customer confidence. The average data breach costs are exceeding $200 per client record and defending against lawsuits can easily exceed a company’s net worth.
• Legal and computer forensic services from a panel of experts to help determine the extent of the breach and the steps needed to comply with applicable laws or regulations
• Notification to persons who must be notified under applicable law; includes foreign notification where applicable
• When a breach does not trigger any legal duty to notify, coverage includes discretionary notice to individuals potentially affected by the breach
• Resolution and mitigation services, including one and three bureau monitoring and identity monitoring solutions.
• Identity theft-related fraud resolution services for individuals enrolled in credit monitoring who become victims of identity theft
• As an alternative to credit monitoring, the insured may select to offer 12 free months of identity monitoring, including fraud support services for enrolled individuals
• For organizations required to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), coverage specifically extends to theft, loss or unauthorized disclosure of information held by Business Associates as defined by HIPAA.